• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

12 mm Fuel injection line

rb92673

racecar
I upgraded to a Walbro HP pump in tank on my 85 740 and I want to upgrade the fuel line between the tank and the filter for high pressure. I can only find 1/2" for fuel injection and it slides onto the nipple on the tank without any friction. I am worried it will leak.

I have searched the Internets and also called Volvo, BMW, local auto parts, truck parts, repair shops and I am not finding anything 12mm or 7/16.

Any suggestions of somewhere I can order and receive ASAP?

Also, I am thinking of ditching the hard line between the tank and filter for less possible spots to leak, any problem with that?

This is a track only Lemons car.

1/2" comes out to 12.7 mm. Make sure it's rated for the pressure you intend to run and that it's rated for fuel. Perhaps the hard line can be replaced with 5/16" or 3/8" hard line.

1/2" comes out to 12.7 mm. Make sure it's rated for the pressure you intend to run and that it's rated for fuel. Perhaps the hard line can be replaced with 5/16" or 3/8" hard line.

The 1/2? hose I have is rated for 300 psi. It?s 12mm out of the gas tank

Been running 1/2" Earls on mine for several years, with rail pressures as high as 80psi, running a single in-tank pump and straight E85. No issues at all, no leaks, just use GOOD hose clamps, not the cheap ****.

Have you used this for fuel injection pressure? It says 150 PSI, but it also says SAE J30R7 which is not for fuel injection.

No, I haven't. I just saw that it was 12mm fuel hose rated for 150 psi but I suppose that could be a typo and should read 15.0 psi.

Back