• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

falunbricks 8v DD Cosby sweater

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so im moving back to the land of no e85 :(

its been a great run but back to 91 for the time being, maybe water meth in the near future?!

Car is running at about 13psi Max. :(I its been so reliable I haven't messed with it. But a built block and worked head along with megasquirt are in the works. Keeping it auto for now but I need ti have a few tunes for it. E85 and 91. The car squeezed out 250whp at 13psi which I think is awesome for this beat junkyard motor. Also switching to a cossie housing soon for faster spool and a little better driveability

Broke down and started collecting Mega jazz components
photobucket-7110-1327894665679.jpg

Jdm love soon to be on the car.
photobucket-7997-1327888513493.jpg

Top shot cleaned up intake and am installing the washer bottle again with my new found room
photobucket-7309-1327611818232.jpg

And for those wondering the 025 maf works perfect on LH 2.4 for me. I've gone through 4 mafs in a year :(

So I did a bunch of wiring today and moved some stuff around. I mounted the lh2.4 fan relay right next to the power distribution block and I did the second relay on the fuel pump. Which made a huge difference believe it or not! Fo for those who don't know how to do this I will explain.
take a relay 5 or 4 prong and you use the stock wiring to power th coil. You have seen the fuel pump wiring before it is tiny! Then what I did was run a 10gauge wire from the battery to the fixed part of the internal switch in this case it was the 30. Then I ran 10gauge into the tank and to the pump along with running a 10gauge ground on the pump as well. The pump side of the relay need s to be on the post that only reciever power when the relay is energized in this case it was 87. I will post pics and a video you can here a huge difference when turning the key into the on position. Its quite obnoxious actually

photobucket-5471-1328433723701.jpg

photobucket-6309-1328483408889.jpg

photobucket-4311-1328483429305.jpg

photobucket-2698-1328483452717.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fz8hOaYFhjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rHEIsjeT2hI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YBvCi2VDYvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sean get Skype onthe your phone! :)

And here's some more pics. Fan relay mounting, room for the washer bottle, Shorty intake, and got a timing cover on along with a little cam advance :)
photobucket-6342-1328598780749.jpg

photobucket-6674-1328598763274.jpg

photobucket-6457-1328598719409.jpg

photobucket-6052-1328384930013.jpg

The car did good on the dyno today other then exploding a coolant hose! :) I can feel the redblock loosing power the more and more I smash on it. The motor will be megasquirted on low boost while the other motor is being finished. But it pulled a respectable 302whp and 315torque at 20psi on a bone stock Turbo long block. No lean issues at all. The afrs sat at a perfect 11.5:1 on the gas scale. Its running better then it ever has on lh2.4 but the fuel economy and the tuneability is killing me.

photobucket-5578-1328647393051.jpg

photobucket-3600-1329508549339.jpg

bam! now for cotton candy pink oil pan :)

ughhhhhh
photobucket-5716-1331104763745.jpg

photobucket-2141-1331104795395.jpg

Tuck tuck what the ****......

well it was gonna be a suprise but since someone let the cat out of the bag early i guess ill share. we were just gonna swap lower ends out. then it turned into clean everything. then decided to paint everything . and lastly decided to tuck the wiring harness and completely re fresh the LH harness in the car. it came out very nicely and the car runs better then ever. Its so pleasent to have a High compression block in the car. it made a world of difference. the car feels as fast at 7psi as the old tired motor did at 13-14. very stoked. i am also running the cam 5 degrees advanced and am getting boost at around 2500 with the ebay 57trim and longtube header. also the exhaust has been revamped and a magnaflow is mounted in the back. i have another muffler to throw in as well. i will be doing a electric cutout very soon.

enjoy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ofMClxamoWw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UMMM no. lol it was quiet a tedious and long process, took many many 12hour days to get it to this level that being said we had it done in like a week and a half without weekends. it looks really really good in person, will be getting a better head on there soon and a new intake manifold, staying with a converted b21 manifold but a few changes for the better i think.

Car looks killer! Excellent work! What did you go with for wheels? Are you still running 2.5 coils off the front, 1 off the rear? Got any shots of that? I can't decide if I want to run 2 or 2.5 off the front, I need to be able to drive through snow rather than plow it...

WHere are the latest pics>>??

Dude, those are the latest pics.

If I have to solder or heat shrink another wire in the next month it will be WAY too soon :grrr:.

For anyone who wants to do an engine bay wire tuck....be prepared for A LOT of work, lots of soldering, rubber grommets, various drill bits or a uni-bit, heat shrink, and loom or rolls of heat shirk tubing to do it right. Erik and I spent the better part of a week doing this. Sure, you could hack it together in a few days but realistically, to do it right, it will take some time in addition to pizza, beer, and whiskey. His car started up on the first try and all the lights worked after cutting and soldering 40+ connections. We were overjoyed.

Last edited:
Looks great, but I'd hate to pull a fender to replace some little bit.

Any shots of the car with your new wheels? Also, suspension? Do you have any shots of the car with 2 coils off the front?

Looks great man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back